Why not try this delicious tart recipe this month.
Roasted Vegetable and Feta Tart
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 aubergine, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 x 500g ready made puff pastry
1. Place all the vegetables and the garlic in a roasting tray. Mix with the olive oil, season and place in an oven preheated to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5, for about 45 minutes, until soft.
2. Meanwhile, remove the pastry from the fridge to warm for 20 minutes or so—you will then find it easier to roll. Cut into quarters and then either refrigerate or freeze three portions for another day.
3. Dust with flour and roll out the remaining quarter as thinly as possible and put onto a baking tray.
4. Top the pastry with some roasted vegetables, although not to the edges otherwise your pastry won’t be able to puff up!
5. Crumble the feta and scatter over the tart then bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbling and golden.
6. Serve with some salad or green veg. Remember, think rainbow! This dish uses red peppers and aubergines veg, so serve with something green. Not only will it look lovely, but eating a range of different coloured fruits and veg is the best way to make sure that your diet contains a good range of vitamins and minerals.